Friday, March 27, 2015

23rd Woodworkers Showcase This Weekend!

Well I am pretty pumped to go attend the 23rd Woodworkers Showcase presented by the Northeast Woodworkers Association this weekend. I missed the one last year, but this March I am definitely ready to check out some amazing woodwork from local and regional craftsmen and women. For those of you in Upstate NY area, it will be located in the Saratoga Springs City Center, 522 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. It will go both Saturday March 28th and Sunday March 29th, from 10am until 5pm. So what will be there? Everything wood related! From wood turning, scroll saw, carving, furniture, musical instruments, and everything in between. From what I have heard, it is supposed to be a very big woodworking show. There will also be vendors, talks, demonstrations, and workshops as well. Definitely a must-see event to attend for amateur and professional woodworkers alike. The cool thing too is that anyone, both hobbyist and professional, can enter their work in the show, either for just showcasing or in the judged competition, which covers pretty much all areas and categories of woodworking. The submissions have to be turned in before the deadline, and I hope to enter some pieces for next year's show, both in the general showcase and in the judged competition. I will try to take a bunch of pictures while I am there tomorrow, and will upload them in the next post or two depending on what I can get to. Looking forward to this great show and learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment